Sunday, June 19, 2011

Instances of note

During the past week we said goodbye not only to my grandmother and a dear family friend, but also to Isaac's surrogate mother.  She had been with us for only a short time, but it felt like we had known her for decades.  She was always there for us when Isaac was inconsolable with a nightmare or skinned knee.  She went shopping with us and on family vacations.  I admit, at times I thought we'd never be without her.  I can still see Isaac cuddled up with her, watching a movie.  Ah, Tiny Cup, nothing could ever replace you... except for maybe a blue, age appropriate, sports straw-cup from Target.  R.I.P. Tiny Cup- or should I say PEACE OUT ya chewed up old hag!  I am so glad you won't be accompanying my son to kindergarten.


Something else was lost with the passing of the sippy; the need to always add Agave nectar to Isaac's water to get him to drink it.  This means less sugar for Isaac and more money in mommy's pocket because we aren't going through the expensive sweetener as fast.  Win!  Also, a couple months ago Isaac gave up pull-ups at night.  Did I mention he's added raw carrots to his food repertoire?  Or that he sat through a whole church service with me today without being too much of a distraction to everybody else?  Well, he did.  These are just a few instances of note for which I'm very grateful.  It's been a sad week with everything going on, but it's hard to be completely down when I see my little boy growing up and giving me less things to worry about.  Ordinary life can be so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment