Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sick Day, Part II

This is what today's sick day looks like.  A picnic on the floor with a Nalgene of water and math puzzles.  After this, Isaac requested writing words.  This time he chose beach-themed words: water, sand, pail, shovel, etc.  This lead into writing some of the alphabet and fixing some backwards habits, which quickly lead to being silly and mommy taking a break.  I have to admit that I have nothing to do with this educationally themed sick day- it has been all Isaac's leading.  I would be lying if I didn't tell you that our morning started out with How to Train Your Dragon to quell a snot induced meltdown.  I would also be lying if I said I wasn't still in my pjs, because I am.  I'm wondering if it's worth showering at 1:30 in the afternoon.  I keep telling myself that I'll get a workout in, but I think I'll be lucky to brush my teeth.  I'm teetering on the edge of this cold, too, and would love nothing more than to bury myself in the couch, pop in a Pixar movie for the kid and get lost in writing, reading, or drooling over www.modcloth.com.  How does a kid this sick still have energy enough that he needs to be reminded that he will, in fact, choke if he runs with food in his mouth?  And how can I turn that energy into a proper dishwasher?  I hope you all are healthy, but if you aren't, find a way to milk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment